The freight and passenger steamer Albatros was built in 1912 and at the end of the summer season the crew could convert the ship
from a passenger ship into a cattle carrier. Instead of 405 passengers Albatros would then have the capacity for 100 cattle.
After serving as a supply ship in both world wars Albatros serviced as a passenger ship once more from 1946 on. 1969 the ship made her last cruise to Glücksburg and back.
Since September 1971 the little steamer found a place in Damp 2000, a touristic center on Germany’s eastern shore. Today the ship is a Museum and it is open for tours.